One of the crucial aspects to enhancing your wedding look is the jewellery that you will wear. Since weddings are typically all about uniformity of the bridal party, then you would be best suited to purchasing wedding jewellery sets. These sets are comprised of different accessories that all work toward complementing your overall wedding appearance. However, it should be noted that purchasing wedding jewellery sets is not simply about walking into a jewellery store and buying the first or the cheapest pieces you come across. The following are some of the considerations to have when selecting wedding jewellery sets.
Consider the neckline of your wedding gown
It is always best to purchase your wedding gown before you make a decision on what type of jewellery would be best suited for it. Here is a brief guide on how to choose jewellery to match your wedding gown's neckline:
- Strapless gown: Opt for necklaces that have a short pendant or choose to wear a choker that has been embellished with some diamonds. This is to ensure that your décolletage remains bare rather than being obstructed by excessive jewellery.
- Square-necked gown: With this type of neckline, opt for pendants that have an angular finish. This shape will complement the angles in the neckline.
- Asymmetrical neckline: With this type of neckline, opt for a necklace that comes in multiple layers. The number of layers will depend on the individual asymmetry of your wedding gown.
- Halter neckline: A wedding gown with a halter neck create a V-neck. These types of necklines are complemented by narrow diamond pendants that have a sharp end to accentuate the V shape.
- Collared neckline: if your wedding gown has a collared neck, it may not be best to wear a necklace. However, you can still accentuate this type of neckline with a pair of drop earrings. Make these earrings stand out by wearing your hair in an up-do during your big day.
Consider your bridal party's long-term use of the jewellery
When choosing wedding jewellery sets for your bridesmaids, it is important that you go for pieces that they will be comfortable wearing. A mistake some people make is opting for chunky, costume jewellery under the impression that it will be flashy and add some glamour to their wedding. The truth of the matter though is that these pieces are rarely durable and will probably only be worn once by your bridal party. Instead, consider investing in wedding sets from diamond jewellers that will also be gifts to your bridal party. This gives them a keepsake from your wedding that they can keep wearing long after your wedding day.